Sunday, November 4, 2012

Winning Body Language for Sales Professionals

Burgundy red hardback book (XL)Ok, full disclosure:

1. I blogged about this book in 2011, have shared this book with hundreds and have been a BIG fan because this book helped me when I was giving over 100 presentations a year.

2. After pestering the author to ask about tips for MarkBowdenfundraisers, we kept in touch and I’m actually IN this book. Don’t worry, if it was terrible…..I would tell you.

But, luckily it doesn’t suck. Mark has gone over and above his last book to put together a powerful set of tips for not just sales professionals but those in the business of building relationships to succeed ( fundraisers, I’m talking to you! ).

And YES office dwellers this DOES mean you too!

closetalkerEvery time I recommend this book I have to remind peers it’s not JUST about influence. It’s about not having the other person shut themselves to what you’re saying before you’ve opened your mouth. Or, as the pro’s call it, non-verbal communication.

Mark is a private coach to Fortune 500 CEO’s, world leaders, celebrities and yes even the Prime Minister of Canada. But don’t hold that against him, he’s no Tony Robbins. Reading this book will help you to communicate better and be your most authentic self.

Mark writes for his clients, the CEO, “way too busy for this” types. Which is good because you’re probably way to busy right? Wrong, this book is crazy-practical! Each chapter ends with :

  1. Theory to practise
  2. Just do this now
  3. A case study from someone who uses this skill dailypninbook

My part of the book is winning tips for fundraisers. Frankly, things Mark taught me to overcome in myself that resulted in proven social-profit success for me. I truly enjoyed the other tips from content experts and feel they add such a new valuable dimension to Mark’s content. There are so many myths busted and misconceptions set right. I love the chapter on how far to stand based on the topic of conversation and relationship between individuals.

Inside these pages you’ll find more than just body language, how to speak, walk, shake hands, say hello and goodbye – it will sound artificial but I can’t stress how this will empower you to get to know yourself, and be your best.

Three top chapters that end the book make it a must-read for 2013 success: Room set up and how to ensure the best conversations for building relationships and closing a deal. Coaching your team – one failing I find in so many business books is not telling the reader how to translate the knowledge! skypeAnd lastly, and I can’t stress this enough to authors on networking and business communication, If you’re writing books in 2012 and beyond – it’s a social business world now! Remember to add things like body language for video, Skype and other mobile-communications. And Mark did! So valuable.

I have been recommending this book to hundreds of professionals of all ages and stages in their career. If CEO’s and heads of state call on Mark as someone who can help them be their best and most authentic self while still incorporating smart business communication methods – I hope you’ll find value here too.

I leave you with some resources. An audio interview with Mark, a video tip from Mark, from my beloved Globe and Mail and below that a bit about the book.

Thanks Mark for being so kind to a fan of your work. It is an honour to be a part of this amazing resource and your network, Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment